The interior lighting will be updated to LED. The trick is to do it without changing the interior. There are several ways to do this. Your input is very much appreciated in this post.
1) Mount LED lights inside the old dome lights.
– There are two choices here. We can install dimmable white lights with a combination red (not dimmable)
– OR we can install dimmable white lights only and have dimmable reds elsewhere
2) Mount the red dimmable LED lights under the deck where they are not visible. This only works in the cabin, not the main salon.
3) Install LED replacement bulbs in the existing reading lamps.
Pictured above is a dimmable LED light from IMTRA. They make very bright, warm and even LED lights. This particular light has a brass trim ring and comes in red or warm white. The entire unit fits inside the old dome lights, or it can be inserted into a wooden block with an aperture in it just large enough to show the lens.
The current thought is to install the dimmable white with nondimmable red in the dome lights.
Dimmable red hidden away behind the companionway stairs under the bridge deck.
Dimmable white similar location, but over the stove
LED light in engine box
LED lighting under cockpit