This morning at 8:30 a.m., Dorade was launched at Hinckley Yard in Portsmouth, R.I. The 52-foot Sparkman & Stephens yawl has been undergoing maintenance and updates since it arrived back in Rhode Island this fall after a rigorous international sailing campaign last year.
The team will be back at it again this season and taking on the competition in New England, with events planned from June through September. In addition to that, owners Matt Brooks and Pam Rorke Levy will be making several presentations throughout the year entitled “Dorade: Lessons Learned in our First 20,000 miles” regarding their experience with the historically significant yacht.
- June 10-12: NYYC Annual Regatta (Part of Onion Patch Series) in Newport, R.I.
- August 3: Dorade/Olin Celebration in Castine, Maine
- August 4 -7: The Maine Series
- August 4: The Camden Regatta in Castine, Maine
- August 5: Brooklin Regatta in Camden, Maine
- August 6: Eggemoggin Reach in Brooklin, Maine
- August 7: Castine Awards Ceremony in Eggemoggin, Maine
- August 13-14: Classic Boat Regatta in Marblehead, Mass.
- August 18-21: Opera House Cup in Nantucket, Mass
- September 3-4: The Museum of Yachting Regatta in Newport, R.I.
- May 6: Keynote Address at the Seattle Yacht Club for Commissioning Week
- August 3: Presentation in Castine at the start of the Maine series
- August 17: Weekly Yachtsman Lunchtime Speaker at the San Francisco Yacht Club
- Date TBA: Presentation at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club
For frequent updates throughout the season, visit the team’s website and follow Dorade on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.