So a lot has been going on with Dorade in the last couple of weeks and now the big master work list is a very small work list. It’s probably easier to tell you what is left to do rather than what has been done as it would be a much smaller list. I am now looking forward to making some nice little improvements.
What’s been done
- Charlie noble made in bronze, looks great
- Inserts for pad eyes made
- Port holes don’t leak any more
- Butterfly’s finished
- Samson posts fitted with bronze chaff strips on corners
- Pictures hung
- Chart table fitted with dividing sections
- Tiller bolt changed so it won’t loosen again
- P bracket fixed
- Damage from grounding on keel fixed. The damage was much worse than I initially thought and has taken a lot of work to fix.
- Ruder flaps removed and replaced again with stronger lay up of strands
- Floor boards varnished
- New boards being made for racing and yard periods. Made of Aluminium honey comb, fibreglass coated, vacuum bagged and painted.
- Many carpentry touch ups
- Labels on everything throughout
- Spin poles varnished and beaks serviced
- Boat hook varnished
- Sails repaired Goose neck serviced
- Windlass back on
- Cleat back on by windlass
- Wet locker fitted with fiddles and hooks and should not drain onto battery as bad. Not finished yet but in progress
- Pull pit removed and boat back into classic mode
- New locker fastenings where needed
- New hinges in heads, chrome
- Bungs fitted in head where needed
- Engine serviced
- Dinghy service and clean ready for Marblehead
- Bar fitted in forepeak for extra rope hanging space
- Lockers painted
- Grill fitted correctly at end of pilot berth and painted board
- Forepeak hatch repaired, it had a big split and hinges pulled out
- Coffee machine now has a nice board which fits on stove so gimbals. Liquor cabinet modified to fit machine
- Kerosene tank removed and locker modified so now is much larger
- Ships bell installed
- Copper inserts installed everywhere needed
- Companion way hatch slide fixed so now it stops and does not damage the drop board inserts
- Deck head hand rails installed
- Lee cloth modifications Pockets being fitted as requested. Large enough for an I-pad. Block and tackles fitted
- New steaming light sourced and fitted today with new mounting base made
- Bermuda wash board improved and fitted with bronze slides
- New Sink plug/chopping board being made
- Container purchased and plans in progress
- Varnished cabin sole
- Sealed mast boot
- Drawer at chart area made good
Hopefully the new processor is arriving today for the B&G and we can get it fitted with all the new instruments and displays. This will fix our problems with information coming into Zeus and Expedition.
I picked up the new AIS antenna this morning and have to fit it to the mizzen spreader. We may have to make a small hole to get it into the conduit in the mast but I am exploring other options first.
On Friday I visited KVH in Middletown to see how they were getting on with our sat dome repair. They let me in the door at least but unfortunately as I did not drop it off they could not help me much. Chris electronics dropped it off and now I have the authorisation to go in and see what is going on. The thing got flooded on the Bermuda race and they want $2100 to fix it which seems a little steep as it was only just serviced by them.
So on Wednesday we head up to Marblehead for a Dorade evening on Thursday. I have to look at the tides for the Cape Cod Canal transit to decide on what time to leave and find an extra crew member to come up with Max and Myself. Anyway looking forward to some racing again and getting back on the water.